Friday, April 1, 2011

Pineapple Cakes!

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I have a sort of love-hate relationship with pineapple cakes (the square ones with the crumbly outside and pineapple jam inside). I love them, but so often I find them lacking: the outside crumbly cake has no taste or tastes just of lard, and the pineapple preserve inside is sweet and ooky and sometimes tastes nothing of pineapple.

So if you're like me and you like the idea of pineapple cakes but not necessarily the execution, I urge you to try Sunny Hills pineapple cakes made from all natural ingredients, no chemicals.

These guys come in heftier rectangle blocks, almost certainly cost more than typical pineapple cakes, but use only natural ingredients.

That means that the outside has its own flavor, and the inside has a strong hit of that sweet-sour pineapple taste that I love. No more sugary goo whose only connection to real "pineapple" is its bilious yellow color: these cakes are all KAPOW! with the citrusy pineapple flavor.

Definitely get your hands on some if you like pineapple and pineapple cakes as much as I do!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"So if you're like me and you like the idea of pineapple cakes but not necessarily the execution, I urge you to try Sunny Hills pineapple cakes made from all natural ingredients, no chemicals"

Thank you. I couldn't grasp how I felt avout pineapple cakes till you wrote about it yourself. EXACTLY. That is what I was feeling all along. =O